Ocean Insight popular Grant Program is back for an encore, with grant awards of up to $20,000 in Ocean Insight equipment possible. Peruse this page for program details, then prepare your proposal for submission.
The 2021 Ocean Insight Grant Program encourages the use of spectral technologies in support of research promoting a safer, cleaner, healthier world. Apply through Dec. 21, 2021, to earn awards ranging from $5,000 to $20,000 USD in Ocean Insight products. Program semifinalists and grantees will be announced in early 2022.
Terms and Conditions:
Researchers from start-up companies and local, state and federal institutions including colleges, universities, research centers and regulatory agencies are eligible.
Grant Program Awards
Ocean Insight will make awards of up to $20,000 USD in equipment donations:
- Ocean Imagination Awards – up to 4 finalists at $5,000 in products
- Ocean Merit Awards – up to 2 winners at $10,000 in products
- Ocean Inspiration Award – up to 1 winner at $20,000 in products
Also, Grant Program awardees are entitled to enhanced technical support via a single Fixed Insight Study from our Ocean Lab Services team. This support is subject to the same criteria governing the use of equipment donations (see Other Considerations below).
- Program launch: Oct. 1, 2021
- Application deadline: Dec. 21, 2021
- Semifinalists announced: Jan. 21, 2022
- Award recipients announced: Feb. 4, 2022
Your application must be submitted no later than Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2021. When submitting your application, you agree to the following terms:
- Permission for Ocean Insight to generate publicity relating to the application and/or award including press releases and case studies.
- Permission for Ocean Insight to contact the applicant(s) about our products and services.
Ocean Insight collaborates with customers to discover, refine and deliver new approaches to solving the world’s most pressing problems with spectral technologies. Our expert Grant Program judging panel will evaluate applications based on their technical merit, innovation, and advancement of initiatives that improve health, safety or the environment. Recent grant awardees are developing new approaches to cancer detection, to atmospheric monitoring of natural aerosols, and to methods for plastic waste remediation.
- No purchase is necessary to apply for an award.
- Ocean Insight reserves the right to exclude applications that fail to meet the program criteria as outlined in Successful Applications.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted.
- Grantees have nine (9) months from the date of the award to order Ocean Insight equipment and/or apply the enhanced technical support provision. Grantees may not disperse the equipment award over more than two (2) transactions. Restrictions may apply to items affected by unforeseen global supply issues.
- Products selected by grantees will be valued in USD at the standard retail pricing in effect when the award is redeemed.
- Ocean Insight is not responsible for any local, state or federal taxes resulting from the award.
- In addition to the product donation, and as part of the donation transaction only, Ocean Insight will provide to grant winners standard UPS ground shipping at no charge. Expedited shipping, and customs fees or duties, are not part of the award.
- Ocean Insight reserves the right to change the terms or conditions of the program at any time, for any reason, without prior written notice.